Functionality

How can we improve aspects of the Model Hospital such as peer selection, benchmarking, guidance and charting?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. harmonising the data for blood science, by excluding the bias introduced by including Regional Immunology Laboratories in the Blood Science

In my hospital we have a regional Immunology department that does 7% of the work in blood science for 29% of the budget. When we compare the regional immunology productivity to its peers, their productivity is close to the median. However in Model Hospital the Regional Immunology data is bundled into blood science. The effect is that the Blood Science data in my organisation looks far worse than those blood science departments that do not have an immunology department. Thus, can we make the Blood Science harmonised to include Biochem, Haem and BT. This would allow trus comparisons between departments

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with NHS Improvement - Model Hospital
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Product updates and usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alignment with GIRFT metrics

The following statement is on the GIRFT website: "Trust data is uploaded to the Model Hospital portal, which will be the gateway for accessing GIRFT information for all providers and commissioners."

There appears to be very limited GIRFT information on the Model Hospital. Is there a plan for this to change? I can only find information on ENT and urology, which is 16/17 data.

I would find it easier to promote Model Hospital and GIRFT if there was better linkage between the two.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product updates and usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add dates to notifications

Add a date to a notification, so that I can see which are most recent and which have changed since last time I checked.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be useful to understand somewhere on the front page what data sources have been used and for what time period

It would be useful to understand somewhere on the main Trust page what data sources have been used and for what time period. For example I thought that Reference Costs 17/18 had been loaded in but I can't see any metrics based on it for our Trust. I know that you can see the source when you drill down on each individual metric but if I'm specifically looking for metrics from a specific dataset it could take me a while to find it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Full titles for metrics displayed on hover-over

Longer metric titles do not fully display on the Model Hospital, and should be displayed in full when you hover over a shortened metric title.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow use of mean averages also

Allow comparison of Mean averages as well as Medians. Different types of averages are useful in different scenarios. A toggle switch would be graet

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product updates and usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Send automatic updates when changes are made

It would be helpful if the system could send out an automatic update when an update is made, rather than users of the system having to check back to see what has been updated. It would also be helpful if areas that have been updated were highlighted in some way when a user signs in to the system.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product updates and usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base