Functionality

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Inability to download PDF reports

There is currently an issue where compartments with large volumes of data (such as imaging and inpatients) do not allow PDF downloads to be completed. The system shows this as loading and then reports an error.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with NHS Improvement - Model Hospital
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Product updates and usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks very much for the suggestion. As part of the release of the new Model Hospital v.2.0 last week we’ve dramatically improved the performance of the site overall and of the downloadable files in particular, so this should now work fine, even in the most highly populated areas such as imaging.

Best wishes,
    Model Hospital team

2. 0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search function

Add a search function to the Model Hospital to allow users to quickly find the metric they need

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product updates and usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add case studies and best practice information

Could we add case studies and best practice information to the Model Hospital to make it easier for trusts to turn the data into concrete actions.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Case studies and best practice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Within the new Model Hospital v.2.0 release, you will find case studies and best practice information, including links to GIRFT reports, in the ‘Next Steps’ section of the new Opportunity pages, and the ‘Help and Support’ section of each compartment.

Best wishes,
    Model Hospital team

5. Favourite certain metrics

For example, if I am interested in "Admitted to ­­orthopaedic ward within 4 hours (%)", I have to go from main screen to orthopaedics, to elective knee replacement then to my metric. Would be nice to be able to favourite this metric, and then click a favourite link that would have all my favourite metrics in one area, especially useful if I want to begin looking into more areas, easy way to keep track of what interests me.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Detail of pre-defined peer lists

As a user I would like to be able to view at-a-glance the peers that are included in my pre-defined peer lists on the Model Hospital e.g. all the trusts in my NHSI Region

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Peer selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks very much for your suggestion. In our newly released ‘Model Hospital 2.0’ details of every peer list can be found by pressing the ‘i’ button next to the peer list in the drop-down peer selector menu, or by visiting the ‘manage my peers’ section, available from the drop-down peer selector menu, or via the avatar menu, accessed by clicking on the icon next to your name in the top right-hand corner.

Best wishes,
    Model Hospital team

7. Benchmark against more closely matched peers

As an Improvement Lead, I want to identify and benchmark my trust against peers that have similar pathways, casemix, patient demographics and set-up.

This will enable me to compare and benchmark against organisations with similar challenges which will increase the value of the metrics and what they tell me about the way my trust operates.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks very much for your suggestion. In our newly released ‘Model Hospital 2.0’ we have included a new ‘recommended peer list’ which is available from the peer selection drop-down menu. Details of the ten trusts we have identified for your trust are available by pressing the ‘i’ button next to the peer list in the drop-down peer selector menu, or by visiting the ‘manage my peers’ section, available from the drop-down peer selector menu, or via the avatar menu, accessed by clicking on the icon next to your name in the top right-hand corner.

These recommended peers are based on a number of factors including demographics and geography. More information can be found here:

http://feedback.model.nhs.uk/knowledgebase/articles/1870714-recommended-peers

This new peer list is a work in progress and may be refined over time. If you have further feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,
    Model Hospital team

8. Ability to view details of Model Hospital users in my trust

As a Model Hospital lead in my trust I want to be able to view details of Model Hospital users within my trust in order to ensure that messaging and communications are consistent across the organisation

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. What is a WAU

Is there an way to describe what a WAU is?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you very much for this suggestion. More information on the Weighted Activity Unit can be found here, including a short video outlining how it is put together:

http://feedback.model.nhs.uk/knowledgebase/articles/1143385-the-weighted-activity-unit-wau

For more information, you can check the ‘methodology’ section on every metric page, and if you need further help get in touch at tickets@nhsi.uservoice.com.

Best wishes,
    Model Hospital team

10. Add a database of metric datasources to avoid having to check metadata for each metric individually

Rather than having to look at each metric's metadata independently it would be useful to have a single database which included all metadata to allow quick and easy identification of datasources for multiple metrics

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exporting and downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Metadata can be accessed (including data sources) by clicking on ‘guidance’ in the top right hand corner of the main site and then selecting ‘all metric information’ from the list of downloads.

Alternatively, exporting any area of the site to excel using the buttons on the left hand side of the screen will create a spreadsheet containing two tabs – the first with the data itself, the second containing all of the metadata including data sources and methodology.

I hope this is useful – please let us know if there is anything further we can help with.

Best wishes,

Model Hospital Team

11. Add a Model Hospital tutorial for new users

As a new user, it would be really helpful for there to be a detailed run-through of the Model Hospital and its features available when I first start using it or when something significant has been updated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Personalisation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set year filter to show only data from the selected year

As a user I want the data on the Model Hospital to reflect only the year I have chosen in the drop-down to ensure that I am only viewing a single year's data

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you very much for your suggestion. As part of the release of the new Model Hospital v.2.0 last week, this has now been implemented. The ‘latest’ filter will still show the most recent data for any given metric, but each individual year filter will only show data from that specific year.

Best wishes,
    Model Hospital team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base